Collection of Information
What kind of information do we collect and hold?
The information we collect and hold about you could include:
• your name and contact details;
• date of birth;
• other information about you that you give us when you complete application forms, make inquiries or purchase goods or services from us;
• payment and transactional information when you purchase goods or services from us;
• health information including your allergies.
• information we are required by law to collect.
• to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number);
• to determine if you have previously visited the website;
• to track and report on website and online campaign performance;
• to identify other pages or third parties’ websites you have accessed;
• for security purposes.
How we collect your personal information
We try to collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. There are many ways we seek information from you including when you fill out a form with us, call us, use our website, visit a store where our products are sold, use our loyalty programs, place orders on-line and purchase goods and services from us. We may also use email or SMS to communicate with you and to verify your details.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
• verify your identity and check your information is current and correct;
• provide you with products and services you’ve asked for;
• enable us to ensure that the products you purchase are suitable for you;
• enable us to provide high quality service;
• ensure that we comply with all laws and regulations that apply to us and our business;
• provide you with information about products and services including by way of direct marketing via mail, telephone, email, SMS or such other means we determine from time to time noting that we will always give you a simple means to “opt out” at any time if you do not wish to receive this information from us;
• tell you about competitions and other promotions (this can be via email, telephone, SMS, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums);
• respond to your requests and complaints;
• conduct product and market research.
Consequences of not providing your Personal Information
If you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to provide you with the product or service you want or let you know about other products or services that might better meet your needs.
Make a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you.
You can contact us by sending us an email to email@example.com
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Most complaints are resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within two business days.
If you have contacted us and still feel your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Anonymity and pseudonymity
If you have general enquiry, you can choose to do this anonymously or use a pseudonym. However we may not be able to deal with you anonymously or where you are using a pseudonym in all circumstances including where it is impractical or we are required by law to deal with you personally.
What do we do when we get information we didn’t ask for?
If we receive information we haven’t asked for we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. If it is, we will handle this information the same way we do with other information we have asked for. If not, we will either destroy or de-identify it.
Notification of the collection of personal information
Who do we share your personal information with?
To make sure we can meet your specific needs we sometimes need to share your personal information with others. We may share your information with other organisations for any purposes for which we use your information.
We may share your personal information with other entities related to us if we think they can provide you with a product or service you have inquired about. Our related entities will treat your personal information the same way we do.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties not related to us, including:
• those involved in providing, managing or administering a product or service you request;
• loyalty program partners;
• organisations that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
• organisations that participate with us in payments systems including merchants, payment organisations and organisations that produce cards, cheque books or statements for us;
• organisations that assist with our product planning, research and development;
• mailing houses and telemarketing agencies who assist us to communicate with you;
• other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents and contractors; and
• where you’ve given your consent.
We won’t sell your personal information to any organisation outside of the Group.
Sharing outside of Australia
We may need to share some of your information with organisations outside Australia. We may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. If your information is stored in this way, disclosures may occur in countries other than those listed above. Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information we share with them under a foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Security of personal information
We store information in different ways including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
• confidentiality requirements of our employees;
• document storage security policies;
• security measures for access to our systems;
• control of access to our buildings; and
• electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our websites.
We may store personal information physically or electronically with third party data storage providers. Where we do this, we use contractual arrangements to ensure those providers take appropriate measures to protect that information.
What if we no longer need your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we require it for our stated purposes. We may be required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under law. When we no longer require your information we will destroy or de-identify it.
Access to personal information
You can request access to your personal information at any time. We will give you access in the form you want it where it’s reasonable and practical to do so. We may charge you a small fee to cover our costs when giving you access but we’ll always check with you first. We are not always required to give you access to your personal information. Some of the situations where we don’t have to give you access include when:
• we believe there is a threat to life or public safety;
• there is an unreasonable impact on other individuals;
• the request is frivolous;
• the information wouldn’t be ordinarily accessible because of legal proceedings;
• it would prejudice negotiations with you;
• it would be unlawful;
• it would jeopardise taking action against serious misconduct by you;
• it would be likely to harm the activities of an enforcement body (e.g. the police); or
• it would harm the confidentiality of our commercial information.
If we can’t provide information in the way you’ve requested we will tell you why in writing.
How do you correct your personal information?
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. It’s important that you help us to do this by letting us know if your details change.
Contact us if you think there is something wrong with the information we hold about you and we’ll try to correct it. If you are worried that we have given incorrect information to others you can ask us to tell them about the correction. We will try and help where we can. We will respond to your requests as quickly as we are reasonable able and will give you reasons in writing when we are unable to comply. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see “Make a Complaint” above).
References to “we” and “us” and “our” includeSUGAR VENOM PTY LTD and its related entities and affiliates.